cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Script Error from PTC's Start Page

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Script Error from PTC's Start Page

Last week my users starting getting this script error when they start Creo.  Is that something PTC needs to fix?  I know I can add the config option web_browser_homepage or js_error_policy but I don't think that should be the solution.  Isn't this something on PTC's site?

script_error.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
dburger
3-Visitor
(To:STEVEG)

We started getting the same error messages.  We have no idea.  We assume this is a PTC issue or some kind of Windows update problem.  I wish PTC would respond.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Out yesterday. Logged in today and got the same message.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Ok PTC.  Any comment?

dburger
3-Visitor

I put in a case log. PTC support gave me a CS# to look at. What a joke. This CSArticle - CS67489 is from 2012. I am using IE 11. This has nothing to do with the current errors.
dburger
3-Visitor
(To:dburger)

Just add the following to your config.pro. I am using IE 11. The js errors don't show anymore...good or bad. Set config.pro option js_error_policy to suppress_continue
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I mentioned in my original post that I believe that should not be the fix.  Why did their site cause this issue?  The fix should be on PTC's site.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

As far as I remember "web site" is not one of the options in the drop-down menu to notify them of a problem like that.  This was the only place I could think of.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Why did this get moved to the Assembly area?  This has to do with eSupport Help webpage on PTC's site.  Something changed on the site to make that dialog display.

rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine

We have had these for years. It appears to be something with the registry settings tied to the browser as tied to xtop.exe.

Internet Explorer 11.0 clients: Add the following registry keys with values of 11000 (decimal) or 2af8 (hex) via regedit or other method

​Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
"xtop.exe"=dword:00002af8
"ptc_ie_server.exe"=dword:00002af8
"creoagent.exe"=dword:00002af8
"uwgm_client.exe"=dword:00002af8
"genlwsc.exe"=dword:00002af8

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
"xtop.exe"=dword:00002af8
"ptc_ie_server.exe"=dword:00002af8
"creoagent.exe"=dword:00002af8
"uwgm_client.exe"=dword:00002af8
"genlwsc.exe"=dword:00002af8

Article - CS23522

This just started happening to my users and as you can see to other companies recently.  Why would it be on our end and not PTC's?

rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine

I know in our case it was because of some Windows policies that our IT had pushed out. This has been around for quite some time if you look at the case I linked you can see that it has been around as an issue for some people as far back as 2011 when the case was first crated with IE8 and has been updated right up to this past May to keep up with the browsers. There's nothing basically wrong with the PTC site in question and you can see that by opening the URL in a standalone browser. 

I'll check with our IT team.  Thank you.

Top Tags