cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

convenient login

rleir
17-Peridot

convenient login

Hi all

Do you get tired of the login at https://www.ptc.com/en/support? Almost daily, I visit that site and have to start out by typing my long email address and a password. By contrast, I can come here to the community and just click on 'Log In', it has my identity saved. The community site is more convenient  (using session cookies or jwt or similar)

thanks

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rleir 

Thanks for sharing this with us. We do indeed have some "passthrough" code which will pass your credentials to the community if you're already logged in to ptc.com/support . Happy to hear you find this convenient.

Regarding initial log-in, so as not to undermine security restrictions our different customers and their companies configure, we leave it to the browser settings to retain that info with autofill / stored passwords. Are you able to leverage these ? 

Best regards, 

Peter,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
rleir
17-Peridot
(To:rleir)

Now the community login has changed, it now requires a password daily. At least it is pre-populated with my email, thanks!

The Support login is not improved yet. You can type your email, press Enter by mistake (because other sites have the password prompt on the next page), and the support site puts up an error "password needed" and blanks out your email so you have to type it again. Not friendly!  Sorry for moaning again.

Leigh
Community Manager

Hi @rleir,

Thanks for your posts. I will follow up with the internal team(s) and get an update on what you are experiencing.

Thanks

Leigh

Hi @rleir 

Thanks for sharing this with us. We do indeed have some "passthrough" code which will pass your credentials to the community if you're already logged in to ptc.com/support . Happy to hear you find this convenient.

Regarding initial log-in, so as not to undermine security restrictions our different customers and their companies configure, we leave it to the browser settings to retain that info with autofill / stored passwords. Are you able to leverage these ? 

Best regards, 

Peter,

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:PeterCase)

Hi Peter 

The login experience is much better recently, thanks!

It seems to have changed subtly every few days, but now it looks as if you have it all working fine.

thanks

Rick

rleir
17-Peridot

Hi Peter

Just a minute ago I was back to typing in my email address in the support site (link below). It would be nice to have autofill for the email address (it could remember what I entered the last time)

thanks

Rick

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS348994

Hi Rick,

Could it be your company is preventing your browser from storing usernames and passwords ? I see you're on Chrome 95, so if you check chrome://settings/passwords, are the first 2 options set to active ?

PeterCase_0-1637096996986.png

Our authentication dialogs (we have a few different ones) all are compatible with browser-stored usernames and passwords, so your browser should be able to retain these between sessions.

Here's what I see when I click on my username (blurred for privacy - I use several test accounts):

PeterCase_0-1637097422078.png

Best regards,

Peter.

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:PeterCase)

Peter

I do not let Chrome save my passwords, that's a personal preference.

Our organization manages most of the browser settings and that could be the reason that the username does not get autosuggested.

thanks

Rick

rleir
17-Peridot

Hi Peter:

By the way, the login experience in the Community site is still far more friendly than in the Support site. The latter still requires me to type my long email address daily. 

thanks

Rick

Top Tags