cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to Say Goodbye to a Coworker (Virtually)

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

How to Say Goodbye to a Coworker (Virtually)

While we are still coming out of our pandemic "funk" and "wfh" routines, I thought I would write a guide on the best way to have a virtual "send off" office celebration.

“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go” – Oscar Wilde  (obviously the blue applies here!...famous Leigh quote "Just for Giggles").

Leighgoodbye.png

@Leigh   You, my friend, are an extremely uplifting person and will be missed. Your diligence and fine attention to process + detail (amongst many other contributions) greatly benefited all our community members.  I plan on keeping tabs on your adventures outside the PTC Community!  Best wishes on your next endeavors! 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 1:  Find out your coworkers last day.   (This may require snooping from the Co-Workers reporting manager to figure out if there is any unaccounted PTO time or what the real "last day" is).

Step 2:  You start collecting best wishes and designate some "poor schmuck" on your team to collect funds across the globe for everyone that worked on ANY projects with the employee departing.  This will then be turned into a gift card at your colleague's favorite store or establishment.

Here are some ideas on payment services that can help PayPal, Venmo, Google Pay, Apple Cash

Step 3:   You make sure that your coworker plans on attending your standing "team meeting" via Microsoft Teams or whatever your approved "Team Meeting" app is.

Step 4:  You embed that same "Teams" meeting invite link into a NEW Outlook calendar body copy for everyone but your colleague.

Step 5:  You set up a kudo board for everyone (even those that can't attend) to leave their well wishes.  

Step 6:  You contact your coworker maybe 20-30 minutes before to maybe confirm they are coming and give them a heads up that there might be a "few" extras on this last, final call.

Step 7:  You find a quote that best describes your coworker to write on a Community Post. 🙂

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags