cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Alternative way to disable the pop-up message stating that a new version of Creo is available

gcoots
4-Participant

Alternative way to disable the pop-up message stating that a new version of Creo is available

The suggested techniques to disable the new version pop up to messages is problematic as I have users around the globe that have different .psf files for various reasons.  Manually going in and changing it for each user around the globe doesn't make much sense either.  Can there be a config.pro option to disable this functionality vs. modifying the .psf file or browsing to the General Setting dialog to disable.  I push a config.sup everytime the users launch Creo from a globally common location so that is the most desirable way to turn off this functionality.  So there is no confusion, an image of the message I want to disable is attached.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

if you disable unwanted functionality by browsing to the General Setting dialog then this action is recorded into trail file (I hope).

Later you can use this trail (little bit modified) when you start Creo.

For example ... in my case Target field contains

"E:\PTC\Creo11_000\Creo 11.0.0.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" "E:\users\creo11_parametric\mapkeys_01_trail_absolute.txt"

MartinHanak_0-1723099746861.png

Martin Hanák

Appreciate the information Martin!  I'll ponder this approach.

Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:gcoots)

You can set the environment variable 

CREO_MOR_NOTIFY_DISABLE = true

We do this in our startup script.

More info here:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS329749?source=search 

GuyC
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

Thanks Chris!  I can push new start scripts to add that environment variable.  In our current IT world, it is difficult to push scripts globally which is why I was hoping it could just be in a global config that I push.  It is the only thing I push that is common to all locations.  Again, appreciate the suggestion!

Top Tags