cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Config Select

Wouter
11-Garnet

Config Select

Hello everyone,

Some time ago I made a script to start Pro/ENGINEER at work with the option to be able to select multiple different configurations for each customer and each project.

For example I set it up to be able to choose between running Pro/ENGINEER or Creo stand-alone or connected to Pro/INTRALINK or WindChill. Then choosing the customer environment, the project and the specific configuration, for example an empty configuration or one with mapkeys. The script then copies all the necessary files from a server to the client (if not already present and not modified), sets the correct path to start from and then runs the program. This way I can distribute configuration changes automatically when a user starts the program with the script. It can also overwrite any files the user may have inadvertently changed, guaranteeing that the correct configuration is always used.

We have been using it for several years now and in that time I have extended the functionality to make it a script tool that can be used in any case where files are to be copied before running a program.

I decided to release it to the public in hopes of it being of use to other CAD users. It can be downloaded here: Config Select

If you find it useful or have suggestions or comments, pleas let me know!

Regards,

Wouter

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags