cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Config.win not completly saved

Vermont_95
12-Amethyst

Config.win not completly saved

Hello all

I have made a new tab in ProE (WF5m130) called "Mapkeys" for all ProE users

in Part and Assy mode everybody cand find Mapkeys related to PRT and ASM (e.g. update the restricted value list)

in Drawing mode everybody cand find Mapkeys related to DRW (e.g. Print in A3, add a note from a library)

to be sure that everybody have the same version of config.win we start ProE with a .bat file, where I remove the old one and replace by the new one.

My problem is, as soon as I want to add a new mapkey ProE automatically create a config.win.1 or config.win.2 with only the update. not the complete configuration.

So if I want to have all mapkeys available I have to read several config.win, but my .bat file doesn't support the extention .win.1,win.2!

event if I save the settings as a unique config.win it is not complete

If I want evrything, I have to recreate from scratch this menu in both modes!

Is someone have a solution for this problem please?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Step to reproduce:

in the Part or Assembly mode

in Tools/Customize Screen/Commands

in Categories there is New menu and New Menu/New flyout in Commands

Drag and drop the New menu from Commands to your menus tab (between Windows and Help for example)

rename it as Mapkeys

then in the Mapkeys Categories select a mapkey (only one for the example)

Drag and drop the mapkey to this menu

like this your have a Mapkey (wich is saved in the config.pro) but its usage and placement is stored in the config.win

if you want this menu also in the drawing mode you have to do the same action in it

save---> config.win.1

now do same action but Drag and drop another mapkey to this menu

save ----> config.win.2

I can't find the way to have this two mapkeys placement in the save config .win except if I redo from the beguining, addind the two mapkeys

BUT!!!!!! I wasn't aware of " in Customize dialog window you can open (i.e. load) several config.win files and merge them this way into one file"

I just test it , open pro E witout any config.win and I load the first one (with the menu) + the second one with the new mapkey added in the menu in the PRT mode+ the third one with the new mapkey added in the menu in the DRW mode--> save it then re-open proE with only this config.win and it's working!!!!!!

it is more steps but it is faster then redo from the beguining

Nice tip for me Thanks!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:Vermont_95)

Hi Veronique,
are you sure the versioned config.wins only contain the delta?
In my case they contain the update and the previous settings.
BUT what you need to do is to delete the older iterations (only keep the highest, newest one) and remove the extension (.3) Then it should be read and distributable.

Hi

I'm sure! each time I remove the good one to another location and remove then the extention of the highest one (.2 ) and rename as ".wina" the one between (.1)

I start again ProE and each time I lost my menu.if i replace by the "old " good one it's coming back but without modifications.

the size of the file also is relevant, the good one is 15 kb, the new one is 4 kb!!!

if I redo all the steps from scrach it become 16 kb for example.

Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:Vermont_95)

Sorry I cannot reproduce this effect.
No matter how I save (Automatically save/ Browse...or File/ Save Settings) i get larger config.win's which contain all info...

Veronique,

the description of your problem is little bit confusing, because in WF5:

1.] mapkey definition is saved in config.pro file (not in config.win file)

2.] Part and Assembly UI does not contain any tab

3.] in Customize dialog window you can open (i.e. load) several config.win files and merge them this way into one file

Please add more detailed information, if you need some other information.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Step to reproduce:

in the Part or Assembly mode

in Tools/Customize Screen/Commands

in Categories there is New menu and New Menu/New flyout in Commands

Drag and drop the New menu from Commands to your menus tab (between Windows and Help for example)

rename it as Mapkeys

then in the Mapkeys Categories select a mapkey (only one for the example)

Drag and drop the mapkey to this menu

like this your have a Mapkey (wich is saved in the config.pro) but its usage and placement is stored in the config.win

if you want this menu also in the drawing mode you have to do the same action in it

save---> config.win.1

now do same action but Drag and drop another mapkey to this menu

save ----> config.win.2

I can't find the way to have this two mapkeys placement in the save config .win except if I redo from the beguining, addind the two mapkeys

BUT!!!!!! I wasn't aware of " in Customize dialog window you can open (i.e. load) several config.win files and merge them this way into one file"

I just test it , open pro E witout any config.win and I load the first one (with the menu) + the second one with the new mapkey added in the menu in the PRT mode+ the third one with the new mapkey added in the menu in the DRW mode--> save it then re-open proE with only this config.win and it's working!!!!!!

it is more steps but it is faster then redo from the beguining

Nice tip for me Thanks!!!!!!!

Top Tags