cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Corrupt .idx file?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Corrupt .idx file?

I had an issue where the .idx file had been deleted and I could not save anything without crashing.

Several months later the .idx file was there, but possibly corrupted. After crashing, things worked again when a old one was reinstalled.

Same thing happened yesterday.

In this thread:

Re: Getting booted out of WF5/Creo

Martin Hanak talks of recreating the .idx file:

But when I try this, it crashes again. I thought maybe if I made a "new" one, things would be better.

Any thoughts?

(I did save a back up before trying this so at least I am not dead in the water.   )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

did you test Update Index command with different family table model in different directory ? This test should tell you if the problem is related to specific model -OR- if it is general. If the problem is related to specific model, then you can ask PTC Support to repair it (this is my guess).

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

did you test Update Index command with different family table model in different directory ? This test should tell you if the problem is related to specific model -OR- if it is general. If the problem is related to specific model, then you can ask PTC Support to repair it (this is my guess).

MH

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

We have switched to Creo 4.0 and that now works. I did not find an answer for WF5.0 though.

Top Tags