cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 1, Creo 2 hardware requirements

egifford
4-Participant

Creo 1, Creo 2 hardware requirements

Has anyone seen anything from PTC regarding Hardware Requirements or perhaps a FPS (Future Platform Support) document for Creo 1 and Creo 2? The hardware docs on the PTC site that I can find only go to Wildfire 5 a.k.a. Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 and the FPS doc for Windchill is there, but nothing for Creo 1 & 2. I'm about the spec a batch of new workstations and anticipate going to Creo #-something within the lifespan of these PCs. I'd imagine something certified to WF5 requirements would work, but I'd like to have something from PTC along those lines.

Thanks

Erik Gifford

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your question.

As Creo is a suite of intergrated design applications, the hardware requirements depend on the application you want to install and work with. For example, the Creo Sketch application will have less intensive hardware requirements than Creo Parametric.

I'm assuming from your example of Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER) that you are looking for the hardware requiremets for Creo Parametric. I'd recommed you invest in a hardware configuration that supports Creo Elements/Pro today - as this configuration will also meet the requirements for Creo Parametric.

Many customers also invest in more RAM and upgrade the graphics specs, especially if you are planning to work with larger assemblies.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Geoff Hedges

Top Tags