cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo 8.0.4.0 (student edition) Keeps Freezing

josh_g
5-Regular Member

Creo 8.0.4.0 (student edition) Keeps Freezing

Since I updated to Creo 8.0.4.0, every time I work in an assembly, Creo version 8.0.4.0 consistently freezes. The rest of my computer works just fine while it freezes. I tried lowering the graphics by including "-g:win32_gdi" to the existing target path but then I can't see existing parts in an assembly when trying to create a new part in it. I also assume that my computer meets the necessary requirements to operate Creo since I didn't run into this issue prior to updating to 8.0.4.0. I am curious if there is a work around so that I can keep from crashing and still see all parts within an assembly. Any assistance on a path forward is greatly appreciated. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I would say that your laptop is already of an older date. Therefore you can expect problems when you install newer Creo release.

The following tips are without guarantee !!! Before you start your experiments, please ensure that you are able to install current driver versions.

Check manufacturer web and look for newer drivers for both cards. If you can't find anything, you can try the following:

Intel HD Graphics 4600
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18369/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-40.html

Driver Version: 20.19.15.5171
Build Date: Nov 4, 2020

AMD FirePro W4170M
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-pro-win-19-q3

Article Number RN-PRO-WIN-19-Q3
Last Updated: August 7, 2019

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

please provide more details about your graphic card. See following picture as an example how to do it.

MartinHanak_0-1689232887884.png

Martin Hanák
josh_g
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

JG_10667535_0-1689291576341.pngJG_10667535_1-1689291646368.png

Hi,

I would say that your laptop is already of an older date. Therefore you can expect problems when you install newer Creo release.

The following tips are without guarantee !!! Before you start your experiments, please ensure that you are able to install current driver versions.

Check manufacturer web and look for newer drivers for both cards. If you can't find anything, you can try the following:

Intel HD Graphics 4600
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18369/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-40.html

Driver Version: 20.19.15.5171
Build Date: Nov 4, 2020

AMD FirePro W4170M
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-pro-win-19-q3

Article Number RN-PRO-WIN-19-Q3
Last Updated: August 7, 2019

Martin Hanák
josh_g
5-Regular Member

Can you also tell me which version of CREO my laptop is most compatible with? Might be the quickest solution while I save up for a new laptop.

@josh_g wrote:

Can you also tell me which version of CREO my laptop is most compatible with? Might be the quickest solution while I save up for a new laptop.

Hi,

unfortunately, there is no answer to such a question.

Martin Hanák
josh_g
5-Regular Member

For clarification then, what did you mean when you said “Therefore you can expect problems when you install newer Creo release”. The way I interpreted your response was that the newer versions are not compatible with my laptop but older version might be. Is there a minimum graphics version you recommend? I just want to make sure that when I buy a new laptop, I don’t run into the same issue. Thank you as always for your support.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:josh_g)

Before replacing the computer, I would try different video drivers for the video card. Video card drivers is singlehandedly the biggest issue. 

You could try downloading different versions and/or releases of creo for testing too. 

@josh_g wrote:

For clarification then, what did you mean when you said “Therefore you can expect problems when you install newer Creo release”. The way I interpreted your response was that the newer versions are not compatible with my laptop but older version might be. Is there a minimum graphics version you recommend? I just want to make sure that when I buy a new laptop, I don’t run into the same issue. Thank you as always for your support.

Hi,

please don't take it as I want to insult you...

1.]

Your notebook is not certified for any Creo version .... according to PTC.

2.]

PTC officially supports only specific computer configurations

Use Google, search for ptc hardware notes and you will receive some information.

Martin Hanák
josh_g
5-Regular Member

I do not take offense to your reply. I have a Student account with PTC so I use the student version of CREO as I am actively taking classes. Nevertheless, your reply’s have been helpful and have given me different options to explore. Thank you.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags