cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Parametric 3.0 won't save new versions of files

lukagril
2-Guest

Creo Parametric 3.0 won't save new versions of files

I am having a problem when saving files in Creo Parametric 3.0. It happened to me for the first time and I really don't know what to do. I can normally draw a new model, save it and it will be ok, but if I later modify the same model, save it again and close the program, the model goes back to initial state when I reopen the program (changes don't save). I'm not doing anything different than usual, have working directory set up properly and all that. Even if I save it as a backup, it goes back to initial state. Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:lukagril)

Are you opening files from any other folder other than the working directory? If so, check that folder to see if the files are being saved there.

Search your hard drive for the filename. If you have multiple files on your computer, it is possible you are opening from a folder other than what you are expecting. You can also check the trail.txt file to see where your files are saving to.

Verify in the message log that it says you are actually saving the file. Occasionally I get errors that don't allow me to save a file (although these are usually associated to windchil pdmlink)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:lukagril)

Are you opening files from any other folder other than the working directory? If so, check that folder to see if the files are being saved there.

Search your hard drive for the filename. If you have multiple files on your computer, it is possible you are opening from a folder other than what you are expecting. You can also check the trail.txt file to see where your files are saving to.

Verify in the message log that it says you are actually saving the file. Occasionally I get errors that don't allow me to save a file (although these are usually associated to windchil pdmlink)

Top Tags