cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo Parametric 7.0.2.0 crashes using config option "sketcher_diagonal_constr Yes"

ROpitz2
6-Contributor

Creo Parametric 7.0.2.0 crashes using config option "sketcher_diagonal_constr Yes"

Hi everyone, 

Creo parametric - Release 7.0.2.0 crashes prematurely if config option "sketcher_diagonal_constr yes" is set and when you use the "Replace" function in the sketcher. To reproduce this issue do the following:

• Open Creo parametric - Release 7.0.2.0 without any configurations but only with opiton "sketcher_diagonal_constr yes". All other options are now default!
  • Create a new part without standard part. Use option "Empty" to create that part.
  • In new part create standard datum planes and create first geometry using protrusion on one of the standard datum planes
  • Sketch a rectangle and leave Sketch, finish this feature
  • Enter the sketch of this feature again using "Redefine" and draw an arc/spline/additional lines with the intention to use the "Replace" function from up popping Mini Menue in the sketcher. While sketching watch the snapping functionality trying/offering where to snap showing this with appearing/disappearing dotted lines.
  • Select an existing, old line and click "Replace" from the up popping Mini Menue. Then select the new line/arc/spline to keep. A confirm window with options Yes/No appears. Selecting "Yes" Creo crashes.
  • If it doesn't crash leave the sketcher and repeat the "Redefine" several times like described above. After some Replace actions it will crash reproduceable. 

How ever, setting the config option "sketcher_diagonal_constr NO" the version 7.0.2.0 runs fine.

@ptc: how to open a case for a Creo version that is brandnew? I did not find a way to support you figuring out this issue. Now just read it in the newspaper tomorrow... 😉

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ROpitz2)

@ROpitz2 wrote:

how to open a case for a Creo version that is brandnew? I did not find a way to support you figuring out this issue. Now just read it in the newspaper tomorrow... 😉

PTC Support cases can be opened here:  https://www.ptc.com/support/case-logger

TomU_0-1608056476621.png

ROpitz2
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Hello TomU,

I am familiar opening Support Cases. Now, on August 26th, Version 8.0.1.0 is available to download and to use. But how can I open a support case for this version, if there is no option to select this brandnew version? See screenshot made today on August 27th regarding Version 8.0.1.0. I can open cases up to version 7.x but not for version 8.x. I would like to support ptc to figure out how to solve the problem. Thx.

ROpitz2
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Hello TomU,

maybe I found the answer on my question on my own... first you have to enter 'Creo Parametric' followed by pressing 'Enter', then another pull down menu appears (somehow confusing... ;-). Here you can select the most recent version. See screenshot... 

Top Tags