cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo network installation and Creo Plattform Agent with Auxiliary Applications

JanSchmidt
9-Granite

Creo network installation and Creo Plattform Agent with Auxiliary Applications

Hello,

updated our network installation of Creo 2.0 M110 to M250 recently and set the CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH variable to the new version 2.49 of creoagent.exe which is located on the same network share along with Creo.

Now an error message pups up for each Auxiliary Application: "Unable to start apllication "XYZ" due to failure in starting Creo Plattform Agent." when starting Creo. It seams creoagent.exe starts a little late from observing in the Windows Task Manager. The Aux Applications can be started later from within Creo.

There is an "delay_start" option for the aux app but only with yes/no value. I could install creoagent locally  but I would like to use as much as possible from the network installation.

I am also curious what the impact of CS110511 "starting executables from the network" and Windows firewall exceptions is...

regards

Jan

2 REPLIES 2

Please find PDF document of "CS110511" in attachment.

Thanks - I had this information. I am wondering, if creoagent.exe should be added to the firewall exception list as well or which impact is on any of the Creo executables listed in this document if they are not added to the exception list.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags