cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Customizing text symbol palette in Creo 2

jmayer
4-Participant

Customizing text symbol palette in Creo 2

Hello- Looking for some help.

I would like to customize the text symbol palette to include commonly used company symbols. I've read in the system administration infomation guide but it's not too clear. I'm wondering if someone can explain it in a way that I will understand it. Or maybe someone can share an example of how their text symbol palette layout file looks.

Just to be clear, this is the symbol palette I want to customize.

text_symbol.GIF

Thanks in advance,

Jason

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Jason,

it was possible to modify character palette in the past (eg. in ProE 18.0). Now it shows only a portion of character set included in special.fnt and cannot be modified.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
jmayer
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Right, I noticed that the special.fnt did not have all of the palette symbols in it.

I was hoping for a better answer Martin but thank you for the reply.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:jmayer)

You could always put this out there as a product improvement.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:jmayer)

Since all the palette does is to enter command key sequences, you could create your own. With VBA or AutoIT you can create a graphic that detects when a button is pushed and then uses SendKey or similarly named function to send the same sequences. Unlike the palette, these sequences can be of any length, and can be smart, gathering other info for inclusion into the character stream.

I've used this before for creating a more dynamic system for mapkeys, but the method would work here too.

Top Tags