cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Drawing Table Tab Very Slow

ptc-2546088
1-Newbie

Drawing Table Tab Very Slow

I have an ongoing issue that has persisted since switching over to CREO 4.0. Whenever I am working in a drawing and want to edit a table and select the "Table" tab for the first time, it takes an agonizingly long time to load. As I write, it has been 10 minutes and it still hasn't loaded. This is clearly unacceptable. I have checked my video drivers and they are all up to date. Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a solution? Also, it's slow when I want to change my working directory, but not as slow as the table tab issue.

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-2546088)

What build of Creo 4? I am on m080 and tables open just fine.

bwegmann
4-Participant
(To:ptc-2546088)

I have this issue! I'm using CREO 3 and a non-engineering work computer... the correct computer is being ordered but I digress. 

It's exactly as you say, every time the "Table" tab is clicked for the first time within a drawing, it's minutes before it opens. (I'm writing this reply as I'm waiting) All other tabs open instantaneously. I never had this issue on CREO 2 or Wildfire for that matter. I'm hoping this issue will resolve itself with a proper PC an NVIDIA video card. 

@ptc-2546088, With certified machine and updated graphic card, Creo Parametric 4.0 works perfectly fine even for tables. Below are the few things that you can troubleshoot and see if it helps you resolve the issue.

• Rename (.wf ) directory
    • Default location - C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire
  • Run the application with hardware graphics acceleration turned off
    • Set –g:win32_gdi using, press RMB on Shortcut icon of application > Add space and –g:win32_gdi next to *.exe" in target path
    • If this resolves the issue, the exit is inflicted by the graphics card or driver
    • Update graphic card drivers by going to vendors website and download the lastest drivers
  • Update Creo Parametric 4.0 to latest date code.

If none of the above resolves your issue, create a case with PTC technical support.

Not sure if it affects the table tab itself, but I've had issues in the past with table cells & fields taking ages to 'activate' for typing in.#

It turned out Creo drawing mode didn't like the computer having a large amount of data in the clipboard, simply copying a single character in notepad reduced the clipboard size down to almost nothing & the creo drawing mode sprang back into life again. 

Top Tags