cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Early return of borrowed licence fails with "... server ... does not support this feature. (-18,201)"

bschmidt-2
1-Newbie

Early return of borrowed licence fails with "... server ... does not support this feature. (-18,201)"

Hi everybody,

I borrowed a license with Creo 3.0 from Flexnet Publisher 1.10.1. Now I want to (early) return the license, but when using

lmutil mlborrow -return -c <server> <feature>

I get the message "License server system dois not support this feature. (-18,201). Quick search on the net doesn´t help, but I need this license to be free 😕

Do I have to change settings on the server? In the psf-file on the client I changed the ENV=PRO_ALLOW_EARLY_RETURN=true, but this doesn´t help.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Benjamin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi all,

the settings on the server were´nt right.

I hat to change the settings

adminOnly=false and

licenseReclaimAllowed=true

in the server.xml (Flexnet-dir).

Best Regards,

Benjamin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi all,

the settings on the server were´nt right.

I hat to change the settings

adminOnly=false and

licenseReclaimAllowed=true

in the server.xml (Flexnet-dir).

Best Regards,

Benjamin

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bschmidt-2)

By default, early return of borrowed licenses is not allowed and is documented as such.

Oh, I didn´t know that, thanks for the advice.

But for me this doesn´t make sense. It is a nice feature to borrow licenses but in fact there are use cases, where you need to reclaim the license!

E.g. in my case I had to the test the borrow method for one of our engineers. Because we have exact the number of liceneses we need, I had to test it for some minutes and to give it back, so that our engineers could work again!

Or someone with a evil intention borrows licenses to block our invention - in this case it has to be possible to return the borrowed license.

For me the "license master" is the server. So there you should have the absolute power to lend and reclaim licenses as needed!

Best Regards

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bschmidt-2)

Macrovision/Flexera when they added the license borrow feature, also intended to allow the return early option, but for some reason have not fully implemented it. PTC is not the only CAD vendor that has the return early feature turned off or blocked.

If you were able to return the licenses early by playing with the settings in the configuration file, congrats, but I'd be looking for some gotchas, too.

Top Tags