cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How do I make the edges of a part black instead of the part color?

MichaelWittig
1-Newbie

How do I make the edges of a part black instead of the part color?

Hello guys,

I have a light blue part with lighter blue edges, making the edge highlighting somewhat worthless. Is there is some way of setting the edge color to black?

I am using View, Display Settings, Model Display, Shade tab, With Edges checked

Thanks,

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Michael,

unfortunately there is no practical way to achieve what you want.

There are workarounds like coloring the part black and then coloring all surfaces in another color. The part will appear in the surface color, the edges will be displayed in black in the according view mode.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Michael,

unfortunately there is no practical way to achieve what you want.

There are workarounds like coloring the part black and then coloring all surfaces in another color. The part will appear in the surface color, the edges will be displayed in black in the according view mode.

Yeah, cb is right. If you look back in this forum, the topic has been raised more than once, especially by those coming from SolidWorks where this vivid display option is commonly employed. It would be nice if this very simple option were added in the near future.

Top Tags