cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How do I set up creo or license server to reacquire licenses smoothly after vpn disconnect?

swalsh
1-Newbie

How do I set up creo or license server to reacquire licenses smoothly after vpn disconnect?

Right now I have two users working remotely via VPN.  We have a floating license setup with only two licenses.  The VPN times out occasionally and restarts smoothly (the user doesn't usually know this happnes). The issue is that when this happens and the Creo instance tries to reconnect to the license server, the server will not give back the same license.

Are there any settings to help fix this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
swalsh
1-Newbie
(To:swalsh)

I will add that my workaround right now is to stop and start the license server to allow me to reacquire a license.

Depending on which version of the license server your running, the user can flush their license.

the old license server had ptcflush.bat in the bin folder. You can run that from your machine to flush the licenses.

The new license server doesn't have that but it will still let you release a license using lmremove.

You might want to look at my presentation.

http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/do/sd/sid=2464&type=0

One note, the new license server restricts who can run lmremove.

Top Tags