cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

I can't change user interface's Lanauage from English to Chenese traditional

Bill_Wang
9-Granite

I can't change user interface's Lanauage from English to Chenese traditional

Hi Partners,

I want to run Creo Parametric in Chenese traditional. (Creo Parametric version is 9.0.0.0)

I have already try the following method and it doesn't work.

1. Set environment variable LANG or PRO_LANG to cht (for Traditional Chinese ).

2. Run reconfigure.exe to add Chinese_translation, but I can't find this option in it. (show in attach picture)

3. Open "Configuration Editor", and set these option to Yes (dialog_translation / help_translation / menu_translation / msg_translation).

Is there any other method can suggest? or, should i open a support case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

After confirming with the License Management team, I found that my certificate was indeed missing the Chinese_translation option.

Finally, after a series of confirmations and operations, the customer’s sales representative added the Chinese_translation to my certificate and the new certificate can be used to complete the Chinese_translation.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

There was a similar question before - "安装了中文语言包,仍显示英文 (Installed Chinese language pack, but still show English)": https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/%E5%AE%89%E8%A3%85%E4%BA%86%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87%E8%AF%AD%E8%A8%80%E5%8C%85-%E4%BB%8D%E6%98%BE%E7%A4%BA%E8%8B%B1%E6%96%87-Installed-Chinese-language-pack-but-still-show/td-p/763109

Hi,

I have read your previous article and have tried all the steps suggested there, as mentioned above.

But I can't switch the language to Chinese successfully.

Thank you for your answer.

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:Bill_Wang)

Hi you need to run Creo in Traditional Chinese and have tried setting it with the env var and by reconfiguring.

When searching the knowledge base, you will find this article : https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs110907

Specifically about Chinese language it is requested to reconfigure start command to include the license feature called Chinese_translation. Which you did. 

If the the license extension cannot be found, can you confirm that the license include it?

Bill_Wang
9-Granite
(To:remy)

Hi,

As the attach image shows, when I run reconfigure.exe, I can't find the "Chinese_translation" option in it.

So, on the other hand, I am connecting to the License Management Team to check mine Creo Licence contains "Chinese_translation" license extension permission or not.

Thanks for your advice.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Bill_Wang)

Typically licenses purchased in China will automatically include this language option.  Licenses purchased anywhere else will not and it's an additional cost to get it.

Hi All,

After confirming with the License Management team, I found that my certificate was indeed missing the Chinese_translation option.

Finally, after a series of confirmations and operations, the customer’s sales representative added the Chinese_translation to my certificate and the new certificate can be used to complete the Chinese_translation.

Glad you solved your problem!

Hi,

Thank you.

Top Tags