cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Incremental update problems

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Incremental update problems

I am running windows 7 Profesional 64 bit and Creo Parametric 2.0 M030 and I did an Install of Creo2.0 M040 but Creo says it is still says M030?

creo.JPG

Below is a picture of loaded programs and features that shows both versions are loaded

creo1.JPG

I ran the install as administrator as usual but M040 won't run.

My question is has anyone else had this problem and what is the fix?

I would like to get M040 running before the next incremental upgrade in a couple of weeks. I also don't want to uninstall everything and do a fresh reinstall.

Thanks,

Steve

8 REPLIES 8

Steve,

I never use incremental upgrade, because this kind of installation is unreliable (this is my personal experience). So I suggest you to do new clean installation for any maintenance build of Creo Parametric 2.0 (I use installation directories named C:\PTC\Creo2_M030, C:\PTC\Creo2_M040 to distinguish between individual installations of Creo).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank you, Martin for confirming that I've been doing the right thing with a full uninstall and complete install eaxch time.

Steve, I had this problem with F001 to M010. I've gotten pretty good at "starting over". The only thing I leave is the LM module (FlexLM) since I use a down-rev version. I have to uninstall the new one that loads each time after the install. I also create a folder structure like Martin.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

How and when do you ever delete one of the old levels/folders?

Dale,

if you install

Creo 2.0 M030 into C:\PTC\Creo2_M030 folder

and

Creo 2.0 M040 into C:\PTC\Creo2_M040 folder

then you will get to separate installations of Creo 2.0.

You can uninstall Creo 2.0 M030 from Programs and Features window. This way you remove Creo applications from C:\PTC\Creo2_M030 folder. If something remains in this folder you have to unistall it in the second step.

Creo 2.0 M040 installation remains As Is (it is not affected by Creo 2.0 M030 uninstallation).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks, but when would you remove M10, M20, M30, ..... after getting the next one completely installed. Do you leave it on your system for 6 months. Do you leave the oldest version of each major release (i.e. WF4, WF5/Creo, Creo 1.0, Creo 2.0).

Antonius probably works on different versions depending upon customers needs, so do keep each version and each level available or just the last M code of each version.

I assume with major companies, you may have several M codes out there until the company migrates to the version announced by their IT and then everyone is set to used that version over the weekend or something.

Thanks,

Thanks for the info guys,

Before Creo you used to be able to do the incremental updates and they would run with out doing an uninstall. The only time I would do a complete uninstall would be when we Jumped versions(from WF4 to WF5).

Steve

Dale,

there is only one certainty... Every Mxxx has its own set of old bugs, new bugs and resolved bugs.

Every company has to find specific Mxxx which is suitable for them.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Dale, I want to load up a few different versions but have not done so yet.

I fully uninstall each version before loading the new version. I have a routine where I load up custom files in the install folder and distribute them after the install. It is an ordeal, but I have it down to less than an hour after the download.

Top Tags