cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

License File

ptc-643732
1-Newbie

License File

I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.0.0

The license file failed to install, see error message below. The license file has been retrieved from the PTC Support page. All license files before never caused an issue with installation.

Here are the errors that I faced
2022/05/05 10:04:44: Did not upload file - Error: A correctly-formatted VENDOR line was not found in the license file.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @ptc-643732,

Are you installing license manager using Creo 9.0 installation media or updating the exiting installation of Flexnet? 

You may try replacing the Server and daemon lines in new license by copying the same from old license file and rename that as license.dat. Rename the existing license.dat to something else and place the new one in licensing folder. Try restarting the service for license manager service. 

I hope this will help. 

Thanks. 

According to this Support Article

www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS154266 

You have to have "FLEXnet 11.17.1.0 or later" installed for the Creo 8.0 and 9.0 license files. If you're running an older version of the FlexNET software, you've got to update to the latest or the license files won't work. I went through this just recently.

Hi @ptc-643732,

Did you manage to get this working?

Thanks  

Top Tags