cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Network License re-install

ptc-5154946
1-Newbie

Network License re-install

Hi,

Apparently our academic account stops us from having any tpe of support what so ever, so does anyone know how I can get a copy of the PTC network license software flexnet? We've moved the server to a virtual enviroment and the license doesn't work so we need to reinstall but it is proving more diffacult then first thought, if anyone can help on this that would be amazing. We have creo 2.0 if that helps

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Alex,

FLEXnet installation package is included inside Creo 2.0 installation media. Do you have Creo 2.0 installation media ? I not, you can try to send email to - and ask PTC to provide FLEXnet installation package.

... and also ... it is possible to copy FLEXnet installation from old server to the new one. After copying it is necessary to replace the contents of license.dat and run lmtools.exe as Admin and create the system service, which starts FLEXnet service. Unfortunatelly this procedure can ne used by experienced administrator.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Thanks for that, i've sent them an email, hopefully I get a quick reply. I also tried the one below that and it doesn't seem to work, the service seems to start but doesn't stay up same with starting the process via the web page.

Hi Alex,

Try to use "Reconfigure Software Licenses" option on PTC's site: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp

Saying I don't have permission to view it, proving very diffacult!

Alex,

send old MAC address and new MAC address to PTC via email and ask them to move licenses from old server to new server.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin I'll give that ago. It's just they aren't the quickest with resposes unfortunatly!

Top Tags