cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Parameter Sets & Parameter Tables in Top-Down Assembly Layouts (Notebooks)

strohs
1-Newbie

Parameter Sets & Parameter Tables in Top-Down Assembly Layouts (Notebooks)

I'm attempting to build a top-down assembly for my company to replace our current "bottom-up" approach. I would like to use a Layout (as it was called in WF5....now called 'Notebook' in Creo 2) that contains all of the parameters that need to be declared to the lower-level assemblies and parts. Within this top-level Layout, I would like to build a family table that contains multiple configurations of the parameters to represent different variations of our assembly.

I've created my parameters in the Layout & then declared them to my assemblies & parts without any problems. Next, I built different configurations of the parameter sets by using the 'Parameter Table' functionality within Layout. I am able to use the 'Apply Set' button in Layout and choose the instance I wanted my top-level assembly to represent and everything regenerates nicely.

My question is.......Is there a way to graphically display all of the parameter sets available in the Layout via a table and repeat region? Is it even possible? I would like to have the ability to see all of the available parameter sets on a table when I open up the Layout instead of having to go through Tools-Parameters-Param Table-Show. Any input would be appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:strohs)

Hi,

I just found your question on Google, so you've probably figured it out by now.. but for others:

Ive created a table in the notebook and placed parameters by double-clicking on a cell and writing down "&" directly followed by a parameter name. you then see the parameter value in the cell. By double clicking on this value you are even able to change the value directly.

Does anyone know how to delete table cells?

And is it possible to add a model-drawing to a notebook?

Top Tags