cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Parts open in "My Document" view but doesn't show inside CREO [Quite Urgent]

rgoh
1-Newbie

Parts open in "My Document" view but doesn't show inside CREO [Quite Urgent]

Hi guys,

I've tried duplicating my files and renaming them because I need to put them into my lecurer's dropbox. I did this simply by going into the "My Documents" view and copy+pasting.

However when I do this not all the parts seem to be visible inside CREO. I can open most of them from the My Documents view (as they are visible) though.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean.

CREO+Viewing+Problem.gif

The left side is the Docs view, and the right side is from within CREO.

How do I properly make a duplicate of my files so they show up?

Thanks guys.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:rgoh)

The name is probably too long, or you have spaces beyond the ...

And the hole_punch_assembly doesn't have a valid extension.

It ended up working when I individually did "Save as" for every part, and made duplicates that way. Basically the ctrl+c and ctrl+v method didn't work properly.

Thanks anyway

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:rgoh)

Reuben,

if you want to get some explanation, you have to upload new picture of Windows Explorer window.

1.] you have to turn Hide extensions for know file types option off in Windows Explorer

2.] you have to modify size of Name column to display complete file names

Also it is better to put files into the directory, whose name does not contain spaces.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags