cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Pro/Library connected to Windchill - Standard view schows nearly nothing, how to show Attributes

MP_9215870
10-Marble

Pro/Library connected to Windchill - Standard view schows nearly nothing, how to show Attributes

I have connected the Pro/Library to our Windchill, where we have all our company library parts.

But the standard library view shows only the part number all part attributes are missing. 

But it is nearly useless for the users because they cant see nearly nothing when searching for parts.

Is there a way to bring more views (the windchill views) into library?

MP_9215870_0-1720599314659.pngMP_9215870_1-1720599327908.png

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please ask the question to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Thanks, I will do that, but I am wondering that my demands are so seldom. I thought to use Creo/library with windchill is a standard use case.

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:MP_9215870)

I'm not aware of any way to change the views drop down menu in the file open dialog to allow the "Windchill" table views for the "library" folders. I would assume, since these library links can be to any folder, not just a Windchill location, that PTC didn't include the Windchill table views.

We created mapkeys and menu items as a work around to this issue. We include the most common library folders like, screws, nuts, pins, washers, etc. The table views we created for use in the Open dialog are restricted to released objects and objects that we consider "preferred". This (attempts to) force the users to use the preferred HW whenever possible. The users can always switch table views to see more data if a preferred HW selection is not suitable.

An example mapkey flow when the user selects the "Washers" menu item:
1. Assemble
2. In the Open dialog, select Windchill Commonspace, and navigate down to the "Washers" folder.
3. In the Open dialog, switch the "View" to a saved view showing the released preferred HW table.

Regards,

Dan N.

Hello @MP_9215870 ,

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If it helped to answer your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
If you reported this to PTC Support and received an answer, we request you to document it in this topic and mark it as accepted solution.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags