cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Ricoh Aficio W3600 Plotter (SOLVED)

ptc-1623377
1-Newbie

Ricoh Aficio W3600 Plotter (SOLVED)

We got a new Ricoh Aficio W3600 plotter in a few weeks ago and had some issues with it which we have now solves and I wanted to document it so others may find this easily. Issues: Printer would not auto-select paper size using windows print manager, each drawing sent to the plotter had to be manually selected the output paper size. Old command in our config.pro file allowed the machine to auto select paper size but would print to the bottom tray on the machine. Solution: We had a tech. from the company that sold us the unit disable the clutch which sends paper to the lower paper tray so now all prints come out the top. All the Pro/E users now have the following 2 lines in their config.pro file: plotter xerox8830 plotter_command windows_print_manager The old plotter (xerox8830) callout was in all our configs from a previous plotter before I was with the company. It can probably be changed but it's working, so I am not going to mess with it. Now we are able to just select Print -> OK in Pro/E and it prints out without any further manual tweaking which is what we wanted. Good Luck.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags