cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Save a Copy

RENEVDMERWE
1-Newbie

Save a Copy

Hi When you go to Save A Copy,you get some File Directory shortcuts at the top,how do I go about to add my own Directories in there. Thanx Rene
11 REPLIES 11

can you clarify or explain what is your problem ...

If you want to make a new directory just right click inside the 'save a copy' window to make the new directory. If you want to choose a directory to save the file, choose the directory in the common folder to change the current directory in which proe will save your file. Does that answer your query?

I want to make a new directory in the "Save a Copy" window where it shows those small directory icons If I right click inside that window nothing comes up. Am I missing something?

Do you mean create new FOLDER? When I right click in the window I get the option to create a new folder. If this does not work for you, go to the directory via 'my computer' and create the folder you want there. Then save as copy and select the folder from the window.

Please view attached picture,at the top next to the "look in" window,there is shortcuts to directories (small file icons). I want to add my own there. Right clicking anywhere in the big window does not work. Hope this makes my question more clear

Rene, First, using Pro/E browser, you could browse to that folder and add it to your favorites. Then when you do save-a-copy, you can click the favorites icon (I believe the 1st one from the right in your image)from the Save box and choose your folder. Another way is to set up a mapkey (an operation shortcut) that will go through the menu picking and browsing to that folder at the same time so you don't have to manually browse to it each time. That's what I would do.

Hi Abdul Yeah,guess I'll have to do it that way,thought that there might be a way to replace the existing shortcuts with my own. Anyway thx Rene

In WF3 you can't change the shortcuts. Use favorites to get to the desired folder. In WF4 you can add folder locations to the Common Folders bar which is now located on the left side.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:magnus.salomons)

I don't know about WF5, but in past releases we have had problems trying to add or delete to the folder structure from within the Pro-E window. As a general rule we avoid it like the plague and do all folder structure functions through Windows Explorer.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:CBenner)

I don't know about WF5, but in past releases we have had problems trying to add or delete to the folder structure from within the Pro-E window. As a general rule we avoid it like the plague and do all folder structure functions through Windows Explorer.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
magnus.salomons
14-Alexandrite
(To:CBenner)

Just to clarify the new folder UI Vista style is from WF 4.0. In the example above it was only a shortcut in ProE that was added which is not possible from Win Explorer. In my opinion the new folder UI from Wf 4.0 is a great improvement and I haven't had any problems using that. One great thing is that it's easy to filter files prt, asm or drw to find them and the new realtime search is another great improvement.
Top Tags