cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Ungroup option not shown

Hugh_01
4-Participant

Ungroup option not shown

I am using Creo Parametric Release 4.0 and DatecodeM110

I have grouped features in a part. When the group is selected in the Model Tree, there is no "Ungroup" option from the right click menu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hugh_01
4-Participant
(To:Hugh_01)

Final update.  The problem appears to be fixed now.

Our company engaged PTC for customer support.  It took them a long time to figure out the problem, but I just received the fix.  It appears that the licensing option in the parametric.psf file was not in the right order.  I was getting licenses for older versions of Creo.

Filename: parametric.psf

Line entry: ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=XXX

Where XXX = a list of different options separated by a space.

I moved PROE_EngineerIIIG and PROE_Flex3C to the beginning and it works okay now

E.g.

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_EngineerIIIG PROE_Flex3C 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Not sure why it wouldn't show up for RMB.

You can add ungroup to the ribbon. RMB on the ribbon and select customize ribbon, then under MODEL, then OPERATIONS, then OPERATIONS OVERFLOW.

Find ungroup in the command and drag it over, I would put it next to group.

StephenW_0-1670589655776.png

Hugh_01
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thank you Stephen.  I added ungroup as you mentioned and it remains grayed out.  

I noticed when I try and edit the feature in the group I get a message in the message window: "You have not checked out the license option.  Please click "File->Options->Licensing" and choose required option from "Refresh license list".  

This is strange as I've never needed to access optional licenses before for modelling.  I tried selecting a few different ones, but none of the ones I tried made any difference.

I don't understand why I have the ability to group, but need a different license option to ungroup.  Any idea which license option I should be picking?

Hugh_01
4-Participant

I just obtained about 30 optional licenses and still have the same issue.

The only optional license I couldn't acquire was "Advanced_Rendering_III".  However I did get "ADVANCED_RENDER_2"

These are just simple extrusions, so I doubt I need anything different.

I have a relatively new computer and I don't think I've done this operation since getting my computer.  I'm beginning to think this Creo install isn't right.  I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing.  I'll re-post if that solves the problem.

Hi,

message "You have not checked out the license option.  Please click "File->Options->Licensing" and choose required option from "Refresh license list" usually tells user what module was not find in currently used license.

Martin Hanák
Hugh_01
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

You are quite right.  When I expanded the message window it says I need Sheetmetal to be able to redefine some features.  I find this strange as I didn't use sheetmetal to create anything.  I did a trial with a simple model with 2 square extrusions.  I get the same message if I "group" items.  I also noticed that I get the same error if I "mirror" features.  

I did a re-install of Creo and it produced the same results.

Hi,

I guess the problem is caused by template part you used during new part creation.

Suggestion: Create empty part.

Martin Hanák
Hugh_01
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

That was a great idea, that never occurred to me.  I tried it.  I still get an error, but this time it says, "FEATURE Module required to redefine this feature."

So at least it isn't looking for SheetMetal anymore...

@Hugh_01 wrote:

That was a great idea, that never occurred to me.  I tried it.  I still get an error, but this time it says, "FEATURE Module required to redefine this feature."

So at least it isn't looking for SheetMetal anymore...

Hi,

message FEATURE Module required to redefine this feature does not make any sense, because every Creo license contains FEATURE module.

Martin Hanák

This sounds like something that happened to one of our guys in the old days. He had installed multiple different versions of Proe/ENGINEER (I said old days, didn't I?). As a result, there was some sort of conflict between the different versions that was making some of the normal functions like this not work at all. Maybe something similar has happened here?

For the guy I knew I had to completely remove all versions of the software, deleting all the directories, including the Program Files\PTC ones, etc. I may have even had to check the registry to make sure everything was removed. It was a mess.

Hugh_01
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Current update:  I still have the problem, but I found the right group in our company to support Creo issues.  I was using Creo 4 and we tried Creo 7 and still obtained the same problems.  He has raised a ticket with PTC.  So it's wait and see right now.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

More often than not, stuff like this happens when a particular ribbon or option is active. For example, in assembly mode you are not allowed to replace components when in exploded view. Or if you're in one of the Measure modes and aren't allowed to do pretty much anything, except hiding the selection. Maybe this is what's happening to you?

Hugh_01
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Thanks Ken.  Good idea, but I'm sure that isn't happening.  I'm in a new session today and it is doing the same thing.  As I commented to Stephen, it appears that I may need an optional license for ungrouping (based on a message I get in the message window when I try to edit a feature in the group).  This seems strange to me as I don't recall ever needing to pick optional licenses for anything related to solid modelling before.  However maybe I used to be configured to always pick that option...  

Hugh_01
4-Participant

Final update.  The problem appears to be fixed now.

Our company engaged PTC for customer support.  It took them a long time to figure out the problem, but I just received the fix.  It appears that the licensing option in the parametric.psf file was not in the right order.  I was getting licenses for older versions of Creo.

Filename: parametric.psf

Line entry: ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=XXX

Where XXX = a list of different options separated by a space.

I moved PROE_EngineerIIIG and PROE_Flex3C to the beginning and it works okay now

E.g.

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_EngineerIIIG PROE_Flex3C 

Top Tags