cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

User installed lmgrd.exe on system that already had lmadmin installed...clean up?

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

User installed lmgrd.exe on system that already had lmadmin installed...clean up?

Server 2012R2 using lmadmin 11.14 installed in c:\Program Files.  Edited the server.xml file to allow "ptcflush" (per doc CS47365).  All good for 2 months.

Then I get a call from the customer saying that ptcflush is no longer working, it is returning the "you are not a license admin" error.  Sure enough, some user with admin access installed lmgrd on another disk (E:) and this overwrote the server.xml file.  I edited the server.xml file again and restarted the lmadmin_ptc service. 

How do I remove lmgrd on drive E?  I notice it does not have its own uninstaller.  How do I clean that up?

I've only dealt with lmadmin so far, so forgive that I'm a bit fuzzy on how those two co-exist or not.  I understand that lmgrd appears to install as a 32-bit app (based on where it ends up) and that it is a command line utility.  That's about it at this point.

Thanks for any further info,

IG

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

browse list of Services and look for service which start lmgrd.exe app. By default it is FLEXlm server for PTC. When you locate the service, stop it and disable it.

Both services probably communicate via 7788 TCP port and because of this you have a problem...

Martin Hanák
Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks Martin.  The priority was to get the ptcflush command up and running asap, and that was accomplished by editing the server.xml and restarting lmadmin_ptc.

I do not have access to the system at the moment. I have to work on it under observation by the customer, so I can check on the flexlm service next time around.  There did not seem to be an port conflict, thankfully.

Top Tags