cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

We are planning to move to WC 10.1 M40 with SolidWorks / Creo

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

We are planning to move to WC 10.1 M40 with SolidWorks / Creo

Hay CAD people,

We have a planned upgrade from Windchill 9.1 m60 to 10.1 m40.

We have some CAD users on Windows XP with a majority on Windows 7 using SolidWorks 2009 and Pro-engineer Wildfire 4.1

Along with the 10.1 upgrade we would like to move to Creo 2.0 and SolidWorks 2013.

Anyone had good/bad experiance with SolidWorks and WC 10.1?

1 REPLY 1

About 2.5 years ago we had both Solidworks and at the time Wildfire 3. I asked SolidWorks and PTC if either of their PDM systems could house the other's files. PTC said yes, SolidWorks said they'd research it and get back to me. SolidWorks came back and said it can house PTC files but ones which have been sunset rather than being activly developed. I asked PTC if they have any clients using Windchill to house active SolildWorks files and they didn't provide any. At that point we stopped pursuing the notion of having one PDM system house files for CAD platforms. I am very interested in how your migration comes along and hope that you report back once you stabilize after the disruption.

Top Tags