cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Win7, 63 bit

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Win7, 63 bit

I learned this AM that I get to be the first guinea pig to run Win7 here, and it's going to be 64 bit.  We are all 32 bit XP Pro now.

We currently run WF3, M200 and WF4, M080.  No clients on WF5 yet.  What do I need to know to run WF3 & WF4 on Win7?  Also, can we run the 32 bit versions on a 64 bit Win7 machine?

We also run several batch files to launch Pro|E & copy config files & set startup directory based on client as well as in conjunction with mapkeys for processing outputted files in other formats.  How will running Win7 effect the use of batch files?  When moving from Win2K to XP, some batch file behavior changed resulting in broken scripts for a time.

Any other general insights into running 64 bit Windows would be helpful.  For example, will I have issues with other programs like Firefox, EditPad Pro (text editor), Picasa, etc with a 64 bit OS?  I thought that was an issue years ago, but I see a lot of 64 bit machines now, so I'm hoping that won't be an issue now.

Thanks,

Doug Schaefer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags