cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

automatically assemble large assembly slowly

CC_10433049
4-Participant

automatically assemble large assembly slowly

I am using Creo Parametric Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.6.0

Here is a problem about creo large assembly efficiency:
I use weblink to assemble the model automatically. However, while the assembly part amount is more than 500, it will be very slow.
The installation of single part will be slower and slower as the assembly get larger.
eg:
first 100 parts : 1min
second 100 parts : 1min 40 sec
final 100 parts : 5 min

Is there any way to avoid this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:CC_10433049)

Is there any concept in Weblink of delayed regeneration?  We use SmartAssembly and that has the ability to do a bunch of operations (like assembling components) and only regenerate one time at the end of the program.  If that is not possible with Weblink, them maybe assemble each item and then immediately suppress it (assuming these are assembled using assembly datums and not referencing other components).  Once all the items are assembled, go back and resume everything.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

please ask PTC Support. I guess weblink is not the right tool for such task.

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:CC_10433049)

Is there any concept in Weblink of delayed regeneration?  We use SmartAssembly and that has the ability to do a bunch of operations (like assembling components) and only regenerate one time at the end of the program.  If that is not possible with Weblink, them maybe assemble each item and then immediately suppress it (assuming these are assembled using assembly datums and not referencing other components).  Once all the items are assembled, go back and resume everything.

Top Tags