cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

disable navigation tab/window

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

disable navigation tab/window

If someone knows how to permanently disable the navigation tab or window, so i don't have to close it every time i open a new window; i know i know its only a second and i have a map key to turn it off but still I would be very excited to know how

Thanks!

Joe G

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Joe,

I think that you do not like the startup window

You can set/unset this option: File>Option >> Window Setting // Expand the browser during startup

window.png

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirPalffy)

Thank you but the window im talking about it the navigator tabnav.JPG

The model tree? Not sure what you are referring to as a Navigation Tab.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I have already inabled my model tree to float. but now the screen space is taken up by the "navigation area" you can turn this on or off by clicking the most lower left button on the screen. but you must do this everytime a window is opened. i cant seem to find how to permanently turn them off.

This might be a discussion fo rthe ribbon angst group

I don't see anything that can set this by default.

Hi Joe,

If you need to switch of this part of window (Model Tree or Layer Tree), you can create the trail file and run it while the Creo Parametric start. I think that is much easy for you use a Mapkey

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

Palffy- that sounds super cool. I read up on what trail files are but not sure how to create them. do you have a link to an example?

Dear Joe,

I will prepare some short video tutorial for you

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

AWESOME!

Dear Joe - here is the video tutorial for you: Tutorial: How to reuse trail file in PTC Creo Parametric

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags