cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

pro/e wildfire 4.0 std errors

ptc-3068401
1-Newbie

pro/e wildfire 4.0 std errors

I am running a classroom of xp pro computers with pro/e wildfire 4.0 student edition. When I am logged in under the administrator account and start the program everything works fine, but when logged in under a student profile which does not have full administrative access, I get errors on the desktop (std.err, std.out, trail.txt.#), and the program randomly shuts down. When I open up the std files the error's seem to always change. How can I setup the student profiles to run this program correctly? Giving the students full administrative rights is not an option.
2 REPLIES 2

Have you got some solution for this?

We used to face similar situation with ProE WF3 running with non-administrative access.

Initially thought the ProE crash is due to graphics problem and tried changing the graphics settings in config.pro to win32_gdi.

But it's of no use.

Not sure why ProE requires admin access?

Pro/E does not need administrator rights to run. But it needs write permission for the startup directory which you specify during installation or in the windows icon under #properties #execute in. The folder for trail files is named in the config.pro option trail_dir.

Reinhard

Nachricht geändert durch Reinhard Nueckel If you dont specify anything, Pro/E under Windows will grab the program files\... \loadpoint\bin folder, from which it was started. To write to this folder you need administrative rights.

Top Tags