cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

problem: 64bit CoCreate PE3 will not start

RodneyOtteman
1-Newbie

problem: 64bit CoCreate PE3 will not start

I have deleated and reinstalled PE3 several times.--The program starts ,flashes a work screen but then quits.

It may need login info but there are no screens to do this, where is this info kept?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That is the wrong one.

The users application data folder is normally hidden, and you first need to change your folder properties to see hidden files and folder.

In my case the path to the folder to be deleted is:

D:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoCreate\CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition 3.0\30.0

The personality folder under the program installation path must not be deleted (needs to be re installed)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Some questions to better understand the issue:

What CPU do you use?

What graphics card do you use?

Did this happen after first install or starting with the 2nd start of the product?

Regards,

Hans-Georg

Machine is HP Laptop

CPU Intel core2 Duo T6500 2.16GH

RAM 4GB

Graphics ??

The problem is in the 2nd bootup the first worked o-k but since then no luck

I assume the problem comes from the inbuilt graphics:

CoCreate Modeling PE 3.0 used with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator

1. On Intel Graphic Media Accelerator the Hardware Acceleration especially in connection with the Enhanced Realism Option is not working reliably. If you are using CoCreate Modeling PE 3.0 on a hardware with Intel Graphic Media Accelerator it is recommended to set the following environment variable:
    SDPIXELFORMAT=SOFTWARE
    this will disable the Hardware Acceleration including the Enhanced Realism option.
  2. If the Enhanced Realism Option has been activated in a Modeling PE session it might fail to start in the next session. If you experience such a situation, as a workaround you can remove the personality folder: Application Data\CoCreate\CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition3\30.0
    Then restart CoCreate Modeling PE 3.0 and remember to deactivate Enhanced Realism before ending the next Modeling PE session.

Hope that will help solving the issue.

Did you say to delete the personality folder? I did that with no luck. got a error message.

when i start the program, the blue start screen will show and work a while,then another window will start on the lower half of the screen. It will only stay on for a second-not long enough to read-then the CoCreate program quits. There is no error message.

I have uninstalled and then downloaded and reinstalled the 64 bit program several times. The first time it worked and had a password screen and the program started normally. A day or two later it will no longer start--the reinstalled programs no longer have a password screen which seems odd to me. Is a password required for the first (reinstalled) run of the program.

I assume if you got an error message deleting the folder "User\Application Data\CoCreate\CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition3\30.0", you should do it with administrator permissions.

The only place on my laptop that I see the folder "personality" is: C\ProgramFiles\CoCreate\CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition 3,0\personality is this the "personality" sub folder that I should delete?

That is the wrong one.

The users application data folder is normally hidden, and you first need to change your folder properties to see hidden files and folder.

In my case the path to the folder to be deleted is:

D:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoCreate\CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition 3.0\30.0

The personality folder under the program installation path must not be deleted (needs to be re installed)

THAT WORKED,THANKS---Not sure I understand how to prevent problem--is the " Enhanced Realism Option" an off and on setting ? or do you need to uncheck all items under that button?

Is there any STL,IGES or STEP output on the program?

If you purchase a program seat--will models created on PE3 upload?

Great to hear, the workaround worked!!

Yes, the Enhanced Realism Option is the one which should be off, the rest doesn't mind.

CoCreate Modeling PE does only provide STL and VRML output.

The full version of CoCreate Modeling provides all the major neutral export formats and major CAD formats.

See the comparison sheet in the user area under "Next Steps".

If you purchase CoCreate Modeling 17.0, we offer a free one-time conversion service of all the CoCreate Modeling PE data into the standard format.

Top Tags