cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

"No relations" message when outputting operations

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

"No relations" message when outputting operations

Not a problem, really, I'm just curious.

Whenever I output an operation to a ".ncl" file, the message window pops up a statement:

"No relations have been defined for this model."

I don't know why this is happening. Is there some sort of configuration setting I may have set that is telling Creo to bother me with this info? I know this info is pretty much useless, but still, I just don't like seeing warning messages at all. It's the same as my hating the presence of a yellow "stop light".

Anyone have any idea about what is causing this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:KenFarley)

Ken,

I get the same message. Not sure why it comes up ? I doesn't seem like there is any reason for it. Wondering if might have something to do with the other message that says that your model needs to be regenerated when you hit the save button even though you haven't made any changes in your manufacturing file.

I dug through my config files looking for anything that has to do with relations, but didn't find anything. Maybe it's a default setting that crept in somewhere along the update trail. I'll have to investigate all the settings to see.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:KenFarley)

Ken,

Have you had any other replies to this post or found anything to fix it ? I am in the process of resurrecting some old manufacturing files and when I try and run a ncl file I get the same message and module works will not run. Not sure what to do with this.

Steve L.

No, I haven't heard anything whatsoever. It's never been a problem for me, but I'm using NC Check to simulate material removal. I haven't had any time playing with Module Works yet. Are you sure your troubles are being caused by this weird message, or could there be some other property of old manufacturing files that would cause trouble? I know a lot of the settings in my ancient mfg/asm type files cause me grief when I'm forced to revisit them, often due to inexplicably failed path definitions, etc. Some of the programs I've been forced to just delete the previous sequence and redefine it, because Creo does not give any useful info about what is failing.

Top Tags