cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

set datums and layers in Creo 2

StephenW
23-Emerald II

set datums and layers in Creo 2

In Creo 2, if you add a SET DATUM (GD&T) to a layer (axis or plane), it seems that you can no longer hide that datum. Is this true?
I was helping another user when he said he had a layer problem in a part. He turned off the layer with GD&T planes on it and they still displayed. I had him unhide all layer and then re-hide just the layer with the datums on it and they were still showing (I thought something had gotten isolated or ??). We then proceeded to verify the feature was actually on the layer and it was.

So to test, we created a new part and made a datum and set it. It was still showing even though all the layers were turned off.

I'm stumped. Did Creo 2 make it so you can't layer off set datums? And it turns out Axis set as datums too or is it some odd config setting we did here that I haven't yet researched.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

So I got back a couple of responses on this which clued me in for what to search for in the knowledge base "Set Datum tag annotation". Basically this is now intended functionality. It hides the datum tag but not the datum itself. See below PTC Document CS59979 that tells me I might be learning a lot more about combined views/states.

It was also pointed out that if you are using the OLD style of datum plane (SET vs. set datum tag annotation which is ) you are still be able to control the display in your parts and assemblies using layers.

All in all, this whole thing probably won't affect me much. My engineering group never have a layer standard so it's only a few users who like to keep a clean model who will suffer and have to figure out if it is worthwhile to learn.

David H. sent me a mapkey I haven't been able to test yet.
My group was officially supposed to be on CREO 2 on this past Monday but I'm dragging my feet with WF5 and letting all the rookies feel the pain first, I'll make the switch when they get some of our bugs worked out. Sometimes it's good to be the grumpy old man.

Top Tags