cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Initiate or receive from a PC

Chengli
4-Participant

Initiate or receive from a PC

Hello, I got Chalk installed on my iphone and got several colleagues invited. They activated their accounts. What else we have to do to start the call? I assume they can also install the chalk on their phone and then we can call each other. Is there a way to us PC? for remote assistance, one of the caller should be in office and have a PC. it is much easier than using phones. But I could not instructions on installing/using chalk on PC??? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:Chengli)

Chalk for Desktop is not available at this time. We are working to add this feature to a future release of Chalk. 

I wanted to add to the response above.

Chalk for Desktop is in active development and one of our top priorities.

We are currently tracking towards an Oct 2019 launch of an initial, MVP version of Chalk for Desktop.

Thanks,

Dan Hitomi
Product
Chengli
4-Participant
(To:danhitomi)

Thanks! looking forward to try the desk top version out.

Hi,

Do anyone knows when will  Chalk for Desktop be released?

Thanks

Best regards

Amer

Chalk for Desktop (as a browser-based web app for Remote Experts to provide help) is currently available in an “early access” version under https://connect.vuforia.com

We are on-track (with our v2.8.1 release) targeted for Jan 17, 2020 with an updated version we are treating as “commercial” ready (for sale and for use by all customers).

Chalk for Desktop will continue to improve and develop (as a SaaS-based app) and the goal is to bring it up to feature parity with our Mobile apps. The notable features not yet available with v2.8.1 are: a) Low Bandwidth mode and b) Session Summary.

However, this initial version enables our “live, 3D annotations” via a standard web browser - which is a great milestone for us and our customers!
Dan Hitomi
Product
randerson-3
14-Alexandrite
(To:danhitomi)

How can we apply for early access Chalk, to try out the web browser version?

Are desktop sessions for host licenses live at this time?

Yes. Chalk for Desktop is now available. You can use https://connect.vuforia.com/ to start or join a session on a desktop. 

Hi! 

when i try to login at my web browser I recieve this message:

"Desktop not enabled for current user

You are not currently enabled to use Vuforia Chalk on a desktop computer. If you received this message in error, contact your company admin."

In the admin center, the ability to host sessions is given for the respective user.

@tmccombie: What can I do?

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:whity)

@whity  I'm looking into this. Are you able to use the 'Start a Session' feature in the mobile Chalk app? 

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:whity)

hi @whity 

Looks like desktop wasn't enabled for your Org. We have enabled it now - please let me know if the issue persists. 

Hi tmccombie, thanks a lot for your help, now it works!

Top Tags