cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Deleting an Unloadable Experience in the Library in Vuforia View

newieKek
13-Aquamarine

Deleting an Unloadable Experience in the Library in Vuforia View

Hi all, 

I hope like to do a clean up of my experience server.

While i am using the Vuforia View in Mobile/IPAD, i notice a list of project in the library, but it is not loadable.

I check the directory of the experience server.: \ptc\studio-es-store\projects, i am not able to find the related project related to the name of the experience in the library.

1.  I read  Article - CS281363, and would like to try curl, i hope to clarify the following: " Project title might not be the same title of the publish experience." when i using the command below. 

-X "DELETE" https://<your-domain_name>/ExperienceService/content/projects/<projectname> 

How can i identify the correct "projectname" to delete, as i cannot find the "project" folder.

2. Can i view the from the folder in the directory, what title is used for the Title for the experience?

3. If i have the project in the ES, but i am not able to open the project with the Vuforia Studio, as i am not the developer, can i delete the project, so it will be deleted in the list in the library of  Vuforia View too?

I am not sure if i am reading the correct article, i just hope to clean up the experience server, and remove unwanted experience. Is there any "back door"? 

Awaiting for your advice!! Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Best regards

newbie Kek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
newieKek
13-Aquamarine
(To:Jimwang)

Hello,

I did what you have mentioned above (Curl cmd), it still provide me with only 2 projects name and info. 

My "extra" project that is shown in the View is not displayed.

But i get to resolve the issue now...I reinstall the Experience Service...

Thank you all your advice!! I learn new things!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:newieKek)

Hi newbie,

There is a tool Provided in the PTC Field Tech Enablement Vuforia Studio C2, I've copied out the page and attached the tool, you just import it in Studio and run the preview, but do not publish it because then other people can delete your experiences. 

Cleanup Deployment Utility

Unpublishing each individual Project via Vuforia Studio can be a slow process.

A more effective approach is to use the Experience Manager utility  Professional-Studio_Experience_Manager.zip

Using this utility helps keep the server tidy and uncluttered.

The Experience Manager can be run in Preview do not publish this experince . Below show the UI in Preview mode.​

pr-5.png

Best wishes,

Alex

newieKek
13-Aquamarine
(To:AlexK)

Hi  Alex, 

I am back with more question 🙂 , I successfully deleted the files using the Experience Manager utility  see below, but .....

VStudio.png

When use both mobile and ipad with the Vuforia view to browse the experience server, i saw 3 extra "experience" appearing in the Vuforia View?.

I clear the cache, delete, re-install the Vurforia View, yet the 3 extra experience appear? Can advise me where else i can check to remove the 3 extra experience in the Vuforia View. ( The \ptc\studio-es-store\projects does not contain these project. ) Hope you can advise. 

Vuforia view.png

In addition, I am trying to unpublish an  realwear project, but was unsuccessful, any advice?

newieKek_0-1628829737742.png

Do let me know if more information is required.

Thank you!

Best regards 

Newbie Kek 🙂

AlexK
14-Alexandrite

Hi Newbie,

Sadly, I cannot answer those questions, maybe someone with more experience can help you there.

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Alex

Jimwang
14-Alexandrite

@newieKek ,

You can use the below CURL to query Experience Service and it will list All the projects:

curl -u user:password -H Accept:application/json http(s)://<ES Host>:<2019>/ExperienceService/content/projects/

Replace the user/password/host/port information, and it will return all projects metadata

Based on the result, it should include the *UN-delete* projects, and you can find the project name in the result also, then use the CURL delete the project refer to article CS281363, like below:

curl -u user:password -H "Content-Type: Application/JSON" -H "X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest" -X "DELETE" https://localhost:2019/ExperienceService/content/projects/myproject/

It will delete project myproject

newieKek
13-Aquamarine
(To:Jimwang)

Hello,

I did what you have mentioned above (Curl cmd), it still provide me with only 2 projects name and info. 

My "extra" project that is shown in the View is not displayed.

But i get to resolve the issue now...I reinstall the Experience Service...

Thank you all your advice!! I learn new things!

Top Tags