cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Enhancement Request: Set time zone for Experience Service

Shinichiro_Endo
5-Regular Member

Enhancement Request: Set time zone for Experience Service

Currently, Experience Service's time zone is fixed on UTC, so its logs' time stamp is displayed in UTC.

However, it is a bit inconvenient when developers need to analyze the logs as they have to convert time zones from UTC to their local time. 
Therefore, it would be helpful if we can change Experience Service's time zone.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Shinichiro_Endo ,

I reported your request to the R&D /PM (Product Managment) team as Ticket VTS-2038. R&D team will check that. I will share the R&D feedbacks here to this post  as soon as ticket status will change or informaiton is received from team. Thanks

Hi, @RolandRaytchev . Thank you for the reply.
We're looking forward to hear updates on the ticket.

Hi @Shinichiro_Endo,

just to informed I checked the ticket VTS-2038 and see that R&D team consider the enhancement  and planed further developement:

//=========================

" we are already working on fixing this ticket, so I would suggest to consider a solution that solves both problems. Expected outcome(s) are:
- local time in Experience Server Logs
- Local time in displayed datetime of AMT generation completed in Studio."

//===============================

the challange to that is /R&D :

"Showing local time in the ES log would complicate things, as we cannot make sure that the ES is in the same time zone as the user, and that would require managing loads of edge cases (Chinese user using a European ES). If we change the ES time, we would have to show the time zone considered for the ES, as this change might complicate troubleshooting further in the future, where UTC / Server time / local environment time are 3 different time zones."

//================================

therefore I think it will take some time , estimating end of the years but I will monitor this ticket and will ley you know when there are news or status changes.

Thank you!

Top Tags