cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to do multi-site & High availablity deployment for Experience service

tushargadhave
10-Marble

How to do multi-site & High availablity deployment for Experience service

We have deployed the Experience service on-prem installation and would like to scale the usage across location.

How to do that?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

In R&D documentation, I have some details about multi-tenant configuration.

For the moment, it is only accessible internally at PTC.

For information, trial instances are hosted in a multi-tenant environment.

About scaling, I think that the best is to use a load balancing between various servers with the same URL and so, the same Domain-ID provided by PTC.

For example, NGINX can be a Load Balancer for HTTP or HTTPS requests :

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/load_balancing.html

By the way, I have found in R&D documentation, some more details about a such setup.

Again, it is only accessible internally at PTC.

I think that it is not supported officially for the moment because, it is not described in setup configuration.

The question is :

• Is it compatible with web sockets connections between Vuforia Experience Service and Vuforia View ?
  • Does ThingWorx Composer will support multiple Vuforia Experience Service connected to one ThingWorx plaform ?

As far I know, the main problem is that ThingWorx only supports one server.

Load Balancing in ThingWorx is not supported.

At the moment and for the best, we can have 2 instances of ThingWorx but only is running at once.

So, I believe that a such configuration is not  supported for the moment.

At the end, the question is why a such setup is needed for your company ?

• Can you share your use cases ?
  • What are the bandwidth, number of requests bu day, the number of users and the number of Experiences used in your environment ?

Best regards,

Samuel

As our experience creators are at different locations and server hosted at one location with bandwidth of 10mbps.
Number of experience creator users are 50 from different locations but consumption are currently limited but in future it will grow.
If different location user publish the experience to ES server then it will be network latency and will take time.
Top Tags