cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is the QR-Code(Experience Service) necessery to find the ThinkMark

JS_9007819
3-Visitor

Is the QR-Code(Experience Service) necessery to find the ThinkMark

I would like to build a sample application where I can tell people or customers to just download the View app and scan the ThinkMark. The application I programmed should also start directly on it.

So far I always have to scan the QR code from the Experience Service before I can access my ThinkMarks. Is it possible to avoid this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JS_9007819 ,

it depends on it how you did configure you experience.

You can set in the experience project to have direct Thingmark association.

2020-12-09_13-17-24.jpg

In this case you can simple start Vuforia View  and it will go to scan mode where you can scan the Thingmark. Then it will open the start View / e.g. default is Home.  If the start view /e.g. Home / has a Thingmark target widget which point to the same thingmark ( e.g.  15614:40 ) as specified in the Experiences section - in this case it will use this thingmark / scanned on start / Means the same thingmark is used also for the setting of the position  of all widgets on this view. With other words there is no second scan required.

To work this, you need

1. either that your Experience Service / where experinece is published/ is registered to the PTC GXI server  with the  correct domain / the domain of the thingmark - here in picuture this is 15614/
  2. or you set in the Vuforia View app setting the url to the server where you want to download the experience project

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @JS_9007819 ,

it depends on it how you did configure you experience.

You can set in the experience project to have direct Thingmark association.

2020-12-09_13-17-24.jpg

In this case you can simple start Vuforia View  and it will go to scan mode where you can scan the Thingmark. Then it will open the start View / e.g. default is Home.  If the start view /e.g. Home / has a Thingmark target widget which point to the same thingmark ( e.g.  15614:40 ) as specified in the Experiences section - in this case it will use this thingmark / scanned on start / Means the same thingmark is used also for the setting of the position  of all widgets on this view. With other words there is no second scan required.

To work this, you need

1. either that your Experience Service / where experinece is published/ is registered to the PTC GXI server  with the  correct domain / the domain of the thingmark - here in picuture this is 15614/
  2. or you set in the Vuforia View app setting the url to the server where you want to download the experience project
Top Tags