cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Model Target issue

Lionel_Brly
11-Garnet

Model Target issue

Hello Everyone,
    I am doing some tests with the function "Model target" on Vuforia Studio and I'm getting surprising results.
First I did a test with a customer model (see attached image "img1.jpg"). there is a big gap between the "Physical Model" and the "Digital Model". I don't know how to  explain that ?? it's very Strange!

I did some verification (Dimensions) between the "digital model" and the "Physical Model", they are fully identical!

After that in a second time, I have decided to create a new model in Creo Param, just a prism (dimension according the box of a Raspberyy PI ), and I'm getting the same result, a big gap between the two models…."See the attached image img2.jpg".

I'm a little bit worry, because in few day, I'll have to demonstrate Vuforia Studio with "model target" functionality at  Customer site with real physical model...

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Lionel

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Lionel,

When the experience first recognizes the model, is the tracking correct and then moves? Or does it display incorrectly immediately? Have you modified the scale of the model within Studio at all?

Hi,

The 3D Model Scale in Vuforia Studio has never been modified. (Value =1)

The Digital Model appears directly at the wrong scale when the physical model is detected.

I can move around the model, but the scale of the model remains stable.

I have controlled the dimensions of the 3D model generated by Vuforia Studio, ".pvz" files located in "C:\Users\lbourelly\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\Prisme\src\phone\resources\Uploaded\prism.pvz" foler. All dimension are ok. (See Image "Prisme measurement.jpg")

When I use a thingmark the scale is good .

When I use a Spatial Target the model seems Smaller than the physical one. (See Image "Spatial Target.jpg")
Thanks
Lionel

I did some tests on a "Sigmatile", it seems to be better...

For information, changing the 3D's model Scale in Vuforia Studio has no effect on "Model Target" an on the displayed result.

Top Tags