cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Modified color of wrl file in Illustrate does not translate to ThingWorx Studio

dstadtmueller
1-Newbie

Modified color of wrl file in Illustrate does not translate to ThingWorx Studio

I have a CAD file that was originally a wrl file. I opened it in Creo Illustrate and modified the colors of all of the individual components. After publishing as a pvz file type and adding it as a resource within ThingWorx Studio, the colors revert back to what they were in the original wrl file. There are a large number of individual components and multiple colors need to be used.

Is there a way to retain the colors to be as they are shown in Creo Illustrate?

2 REPLIES 2

Dan, can you please try exporting the file to pvz format (in creo illustrate) and see if the problem persist.

Also as a workaround, the color of the 3D model can also be changed from Thingworx Studio. Please follow the article - How to change color of the 3D model in TWX Studio

Let me know if that works,

Giri

giri,

There is no option to "export" or "save as" a pvz in Creo Illustrate that I am aware of. When I click on FILE and then PUBLISH, I am able to save it as a pvz. That is what I did.

Changing the color using Model Item is not a good option because I would have more than 150 Model Items.

There must be a setting or some option within Creo Illustrate to make the colors stick. It worked for me in the past, but I'm not sure what has changed.

Top Tags