cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PVZ Assembly Files too Heavy

luizgfmarques
4-Participant

PVZ Assembly Files too Heavy

Hi everyone, 

I'm having the following problems: 

1) I can only export my asemblies in a .IGS format (approximately 140MB). To import this kind of file in Creo Illustrate, I'm trying to convert it inside Vuforia Studio using the CAD Optimizer. However, the CAD Optimizer fails everytime (keeps loading forever) then I have to move on without the CAD optimizer option. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

2) Because of the first one, after creating my animations in Creo Illustrate, my .PVZ files are getting too heavy (90MB). When I try to use my experience within my I-Pads, my model takes 5minutes to load after tracking (perhaps because of poor wi-fi signal) and I feel the model is "lagging" the experience. Is there any recommandation you can suggest me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @luizgfmarques ,

you can use more flexible the optimizer / importer tool in command line / in window shell

Please, check the following links:

1.) Facing problem while uploading file which is having size more than 100mb

2.) Optimize PVZ before

3.)"Article - CS309641"  - 3.) this is the PTC Support article -but 1.) and 2.) are more comprehensive information

The tunning options for import optimization as mention in the topic above  - please, check below installation and configuration guide for further information:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/6C5E1160BB734412869ABAB3CF34555A.pdf?sc_lang=en

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello Luiz,

The solutions are :

1. To create in your CAD Software, a Shrinkwrap of your Assembly or this big Part
  2. If Shrinwrap cannot be created, remove or hide manually all Components not visible
  3. Reduce quality of data exported by using facets export file format instead of a parametric and acurate CAD Model

In this Thread, in pdf document at page 24, we can find the same recommendations :

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Vuforia-Studio-AR-Best-Practice/m-p/533583#M6099

Best regards,

Samuel

luizgfmarques
4-Participant
(To:sdidier)

Thanks @sdidier

I will try your solution... However, I expected to solve this issue about CAD Optmizer keeps in this status forever (see img below). How can I solve it? 

luizgfmarques_0-1590492338074.png

@sdidier still waiting for your answer...

My CAD Optmizer only works the .med and .high optimization... The low resolution is not working (loading forever). See .log attached. I just need to know how I'm able to use the optimizer only in the .med and .high, skipping the .low process.

@RolandRaytchev Could you try to help me once again, please?

Hi @luizgfmarques ,

you can use more flexible the optimizer / importer tool in command line / in window shell

Please, check the following links:

1.) Facing problem while uploading file which is having size more than 100mb

2.) Optimize PVZ before

3.)"Article - CS309641"  - 3.) this is the PTC Support article -but 1.) and 2.) are more comprehensive information

The tunning options for import optimization as mention in the topic above  - please, check below installation and configuration guide for further information:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/6C5E1160BB734412869ABAB3CF34555A.pdf?sc_lang=en

for point 2.) of your question / large assembly + low network performance - > did you consider the option to use offline mode:

2020-05-25_13-15-09.jpg

so you can download to the device and later used it in offline mode- this does not require - every time when you open the experience project  to load the models again / the experience is loaded only one time to the device . You need to reload/update the experience only for the case that it was changed

2020-05-25_13-32-08.jpg

Thanks @RolandRaytchev !

I was trying to find this option in Vuforia View without success. This will solve at least my network problem! 

Thank you for the support.

Thanks for feedback,

1.) the first requirment is that the project was published with the mentioned option to allow offline usage

2.) I think to find it - it is little different , depending on the OS. What is the mobile platfrom of you Vuforia View app? I could check .

Another point is -I believe , is to set also the server in the app by scaning the QR code (for setting not the project QR code == deep link for calling it) So it should point to server from where the experience is called

2020-05-26_14-57-28.jpg

Top Tags