cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

View disappeared in studio.

MaF
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

View disappeared in studio.

Please could you help.

I had a project with 4 views and this morning while I was working on this project one view disappeared "Operations" view when I went to preview I could see everything that was under that view though it was not showing in studio, I also tried accessing the published version and that view is also working properly, can I please help on how I can make the view to show in studio under the view list.
What I have tried:
1. have tried looking for the .json and .js files under C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\xxxx\src\phone\components
Nothing is showing
2. Was looking for a way to download the published project but still was not successful as there seems to be no way to download
Others are saying there is a folder C:\ptc\studio-es-store\projects available in Vuforia Experience Service on the server - I don't have access to the server
3.Tried running a recovery tool to search and recover files from the directory but still could not locate the file

please can someone help.

1 REPLY 1

possible there is data corruption. You can check first in the  appConfig.json in project root folder if you can see the if this file contains the problem view.

Further so far I know , the definition is in the <ViewName>.json (widgets) and <ViewName>.js (javaScript). So, there is a workaround for copy a view to other project where you can create a view with the same name in other project and then replace the both files. (ok also some resources if necessary) First you can check if you view definition (.json and js) contains any errors. – So if this work in the context of new project then the corruption is in the project

---

The info above is only in the context of Studio environment. If the issue occured on Server - then . you can check the proejct in Studio and if it work in preview then re publish it.

Top Tags