cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Why Studio not showing 3D canvas after updating from 8.0.... to 8.1.1.2213 in Chrome?

vkraiouchkine
1-Newbie

Why Studio not showing 3D canvas after updating from 8.0.... to 8.1.1.2213 in Chrome?

Hello everybody!

I know the same problem Ewerton M posted into community.

I have (had) the same problem with my studio:

Windows 7 x64 ultimate

Chrome Version  57 but now updated to “Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

And with “running” thingworx studio  8.1.1  (8.1.1.2113) when I try to open existing project (“Motor-Sept2017” as you can see here) I see the “empty” 3D canvas as below:

First of all I check the communication with Experience Service which I used before for preparing my project. I receive local error message like this:

It means I cannot access to my real active Experience Service (and may be it related to my “empty 3D canvas” ) . OK, it can be repaired by changing value of “Experience Service” field in “Configuration” menu item “Info”:

Experience Service asks me for authentication:

And if I use the mandatory  Username/Password…

I get the access to active Experience Service and fo be sure I validate my active Experience Service with actual Username/Password

After validating with active Experience Service UIRL I can see “non-empty” 3D canvas on the same Chrome browser.

If you have the same problem may be you can heal your studio with the same/similar steps.

Good Luck!

1. Vladimir.
1 REPLY 1

V.A. Kraiouchkine​: You can also review similar post with canvas issue and resolution.

3D Canvas empty page

-Durgesh

Top Tags