cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

getClientApplicationKey not available

Toshihiko
7-Bedrock

getClientApplicationKey not available

Hello,

I have existing Vuforia experience service tied to my old Thingworx instance. I want to link the existing experience service link to a new Thingworx instance. Now I am configuring public access according to installation manual page 88.

Problem is that, I cannot find GetClientApplicationKey service in EntiryService entity. What should I do? My thingworx version is 8.5.0. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

Thanks for reply. I tried to find GetClientApplicationKey but I could not. Although Vuforia service can be started, I could not see real-time value from thingworx on public experience.

Rather than troubleshooting, I installed Vuforia Ex service from scratch by installer and now my Thingworx instance show exactly same as yours. Now my public experience is working fine.

It is strange and it seems to be we always need to go with clean installation from scratch.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Toshihiko ,

I checked on my Experience Service installation -  checked the thingworx instance  and I also was not able to  find this service there (GetClientApplicationKey).

But my instance was working fine also for public experiences. So I checked it and when I go to the permission I could see that this method was set- my be from the ES installation. Could you, please,  check as Administrator for the resouce EntityServices >Permissions> Runtime if you ths service is already set :

2020-01-17_10-44-41.gif

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

Thanks for reply. I tried to find GetClientApplicationKey but I could not. Although Vuforia service can be started, I could not see real-time value from thingworx on public experience.

Rather than troubleshooting, I installed Vuforia Ex service from scratch by installer and now my Thingworx instance show exactly same as yours. Now my public experience is working fine.

It is strange and it seems to be we always need to go with clean installation from scratch.

Announcements
Top Tags