cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Add Custom datastore or Combined search

MaSc
4-Participant

Add Custom datastore or Combined search

Hello,

I have a own Database system which I want to integrate into Windchill (11.0 F000) Search.

Can somebody point me to a HowTo or give me an example how to add a custom datastore to the searchable objects in Windchill search?

In the Advanced Search I want to add a own Datatype (lets Say XYZItem) If that Item is selected an additional search call to my database System should be fired and I want to add the result that I get from my system to the Windchill search result.

If it's not possible to do it like that, it would also be nice to know how to create a custom search tab to integrate a search in only my system into Windchill.

Thank you,

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
dharlan-2
4-Participant
(To:MaSc)

I don't know 😞 But since you haven't gotten any suggestions I will add suggest a possibility.

Have you looked at PTC Navigate? It's capable of doing this, though I do not think it modifies the WC search itself (only the Navigate search). But it might give you some clues or alternatives.

MaSc
4-Participant
(To:dharlan-2)

Ok, then: Have you any hints, tutorials, Code samples how to do this in Navigate?

Top Tags