cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Deleting an organization

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member

Deleting an organization

I had created a new organization to test some random stuff, but now no longer need it. Is there an easy way to delete it? Thanks. Windchill Version 12.1.2.0

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @VH_10947268 

Currently unable to achieve...

I have deleted 100s of Organizations using API.

I needed to come up with a way to delete organizations while testing SUMA implementation.

In short, I needed a reset/delete button for trial runs. All worked just fine.

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:d_graham)

So how were you able to do it using the API?

There is no delete organization API.

I just deleted from the bottom up using generic delete API until there is nothing referencing the org. Then I delete the org.

The trick is understanding the dB well enough that you know the order in which to delete.

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:d_graham)

I see. What things and in what order do I need to delete things in order to achieve that then?

@VH_10947268 

I mostly just show that things can be done on this site. I don’t give away code. Too many people have, in the past, used code I supplied for commercial use. Therefore, I no longer give code away.

If this is something you really need and you need my help, send me a private message with your work email and I’ll get back to you.

I am very interested in learning about your code😎

Top Tags