cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

9.1 CATIA V5 R18 WGM on Vista/WIN7 client

Robinske
4-Participant

9.1 CATIA V5 R18 WGM on Vista/WIN7 client

Hi

On 9.1 M050 we managed to take V5 R18 abstraction libraries, built on Vista 64bit, and deploy them onto Windows 7 64bit clients.

We are currently testing 9.1 M070 deployment and I thought the "back door" would there in the V5 build tool, but it seems PTC may have closed it.

Has anyone built V5 WGM for R18 and deployed onto Windows7 clients?

I know its not on the supported "roadmap" but it worked fine on m050!!

2 REPLIES 2

In Reply to Kevin Robinson:

Hi

On 9.1 M050 we managed to take V5 R18 abstraction libraries, built on Vista 64bit, and deploy them onto Windows 7 64bit clients.

We are currently testing 9.1 M070 deployment and I thought the "back door" would there in the V5 build tool, but it seems PTC may have closed it.

Has anyone built V5 WGM for R18 and deployed onto Windows7 clients?

I know its not on the supported "roadmap" but it worked fine on m050!!

Kevin,

We are currently on 9.1 M070 and built R18 abstraction libraries on a Windows Server 2003 64-bit machine. We recently upgraded to R21 and built the libraries on a Windows 7 machine for 64-bit and Window XP for 32-bit. We use Windows 7 64-bit and XP 32-bit clients for CATIA. Let me know if you need more specifics.

Thanks

Johnny

Robinske
4-Participant
(To:Robinske)

My reply has not appeared, so posting again

Thanks for the info. I rebuilt some abstraction libraries for R18 on a Windows2003 x64 server but still unsuccessful.

It allows me to register but V5+WGM go into a continuous loop regarding "...if more than one instance of authoring application is running..." and have to kill the processes.

Could you send me a bit more detail on your set-up??

Top Tags